Our child nutrition staff works diligently to provide our students and staff with healthy, nutritious, and low-cost or free meals that meet the latest state and federal nutrition guidelines. The department’s staff of approximately 100 consists of cooks, kitchen staff, servers, cashiers, warehouse, drivers, and a menu planner that prepare serve and deliver about 4,600 lunches and 1,000 breakfasts every school day.
Does Your Family Qualify For Free OR Reduced meals?
- All children in households receiving benefits from Idaho Food Stamps (SNAP), the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), or Temporary Assistance for Families in Idaho (TAFI), are eligible for free meals.
- Foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals.
- Children participating in their school’s Head Start program are eligible for free meals.
- Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant are eligible for free meals.
- Children may receive free or reduced-price meals if their household income is within the limits. Read the FAQ to learn more. FAQ (Spanish)